Side Effects of Being a C+I Merchandiser.
written in August 2016
A goofy yet entirely heartfelt post on some of the things that have started happening since I joined the Chloe + Isabel community two years ago. Thankful times a million for this company, this experience, and the women I’ve met. #merchieprobs
- You realize you do have a fashion sense and your own style.
- You friends/customers start asking you for fashion advice about clothes/shoes/hair/makeup (in addition to jewelry).
- You make friends with women you’ve never met. Real, amazing, inspiring women.
- Packing for a trip really means trying to decide what #chloeandisabel to bring.
- Challenging your jewelry roll to fit just one.more.piece.
- Wanting to transition your entire wardrobe to solids just so you can show off your bling.
- You wear a torsade to the post office and then wonder why no one is complimenting it. (hello I’m wearing the most giant beautiful statement necklace ever – am I invisible?!)
- Hobby Lobby makes you feel a little light-headed and extra giddy with all the adorable bird stuff everywhere.
- That little heart-flutter when you see that bell with a (1) on your dashboard.
- You find out that TJ Maxx and Marshalls carry great jewelry organization displays and you want to buy them all.
- You start to really see what women supporting other women really means.
- You begin to see “direct sales” in a whole new way.
- You learn that running your own business is fun and a lot of work.
- You start to see yourself as a #girlboss.
- Wearing statement necklaces bring you a ton of confidence. Watch out world.
- You want to switch iPhones just so you can use the C+I iPhone case.
- You own the fact that you stalk the mailman.
- Launch day is the happiest day on Earth. #newbling
- You plan your clothes around your jewelry, not the other way around.
- You throw on cute earrings with running clothes because, why not?
- You need a seperate budget for stamps and snail mail supplies. #spreadlove
- What started as a side hustle turned into a small business you put your heart into.
- You are overwhelmed with love and gratitude for everyone who has ever shopped your boutique, “liked” a photo on social media, or told a friend about your business.
- Each day you are learning more about your niche within C+I: branding, social media, entrepreneurship, relationships.
Thanks for reading, and a big thank you to everyone who supports mine and other small businesses. xo. www.candibymandi.com
Note: If you are interested in learning more about the company or the merchandiser experience, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m an open book. firstname.lastname@example.org